Hello all.

The July meeting at the Coal Creek Utility District was brought to order by Chair Mick Holte at 10:10 AM on 7-18-18.

Members in attendance were Brian Gumke, Wednesday Smith, Debbie Crooks, Jeff Kobylk, Heidi Hiatt, Mick Holte, Larry Holmes, Bob Eastwood, Dennis McLaughlin, Chris Sutton and Carla Snyder.

Our Treasurer Dennis M reported we have a balance of $26,728.00 in bank and $395.00 in the credit card account.

Old business, we finalized details for next month’s meeting and picnic at Perrigo Park in Redmond. Dominic and Brian will be this year’s grill masters! We will be serving ribs, hot dogs Burgers along with all the sides and drinks including Kathy Caldwell’s famous potato salad which is requested every year. Ron Brown and Jeff Kobylk will be bringing their Dutch oven desserts. No need to bring anything there will be plenty of food we would love just to have you there! If you have a dish you would like to share we would love that too!

We then talked about the details for the upcoming October seminar.

Dennis went over the details of the draft flyer and agenda, when all the speaker participation is finalized Mick will present the package to DOH for CEU approval. Job duties for that day were hammered out Kathy C, Mary G, Becky Z and Dale have committed to registration services and administration details. CEU stampers Carla, Brian, Debbie, and Mick have signed up, Ann Ray will purchase the traditional gift bags for our participating presenters Dennis will put together the binders and Wednesday will get the name tags ready. Jeff will collect door prizes from our vendors.

We seem to be getting off to an excellent start this year and plan on sending the first announcement of the seminar out in early August. The deadline for professional growth requirement is 12/31/2018 for a lot of us, we expect to fill up quickly so remember to register when the first announcement comes out. We have space for 200 attendees.

We then talked about the planning meeting at the end of the year and how a central meeting location would make it easier for members to attend. We need your help with the 2019 meeting calendar, ideas for topics to discuss each month and meeting locations. A motion was then made by Wednesday, to change the December meeting location to Northshore Utility District and move the date to the 12th instead of the 19th, we will check with Karen Vargo if we can meet at West Sound Utility District on September 19th 2018 in Port Orchard, and have Kirkland as a backup spot if West Sound isn’t available. The motion was seconded by Chris Sutton, all voted in favor motion passed. Carla will call Karen and see if this will work for her.

A second motion was made by Debbie Crooks to purchased Microsoft office for both the secretary lap top and the Group lap top. Motion was seconded by Bob Eastwood. All voted in favor to purchase the computer program all voted in favor motion passed.

We had a really cool door prize for the meeting this time. Our retired BAT and current treasurer has taken up oil painting and brought one of his pieces of artwork as a door prize and Carla won!

August 15th is the annual meeting and picnic 10:00 to Noonish at Perrigo Park, 9011 196th Ave NE, Redmond 98052

The beautiful door prize!

Painting by Dennis P. McLaughling – 2018